[kaffe] Sync with classpath: xml patch not present

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 12 05:27:28 PDT 2005

Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I raised an xml-related bug [1] against classpath which was recently
> marked "fixed" by Chris Burgess (before 0.16 classpath). I would like to
> get my hands on a Kaffe version with the fix in it so I can test apache
> jakarta-commons projects against kaffe but it *appears* that kaffe
> doesn't have the fix despite the recent commit by "robilad" labelled
> "Resynced with GNU Classpath: ...xml...".

Hi Simon!

thank you very much for the bug report, it seems that the gnu/xml
packages are indeed not in sync with GNU Classpath.

 diff -x CVS -urN kaffe/libraries/javalib/gnu/xml/ classpath/gnu/xml/ |
diffstat

 aelfred2/XmlParser.java |    2 +-
 dom/DomDocument.java    |    8 ++++++--
 dom/DomNsNode.java      |    2 +-

I will look into those and fix the deviation. I assume that I must have
missed those changes somehow. I am sorry for the inconvenience it has
caused.

> I have seen references to "classpathx" as an external project but don't
> quite understand how this fits in. All I know is that jamvm with
> classpath 0.16 appears to work ok so I am assuming that classpath 0.16
> does include the xml handling code.

Yes. The GNU JAXP subproject of the classpathx project has been merged
into GNU Classpath. GNU classpathx contains various subprojects that
implement subprojects for different libraries that are not part of the
standard libraries (yet :) like javax.mail.