Getting 1.1.5 out (Was: Re: [kaffe] Mailing list problem and server update)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Mar 23 19:19:54 PST 2005

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2005, 10:52 -0800 schrieb Jim Pick:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the mailing list problem - it wasn't working for the last two
> days - it looks like the mailmain qrunner process died for some reason.
>    I restarted it.  Thanks to Dalibor for noticing and telling me.  :-)

Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

> As for me - I'm still here.  I'm still planning to move everything to
> the new server soon -- there's a weird ssh problem I need to
> research/debug before I can really do that.  I've been a bit short on
> time lately, due to real life, Japanese lessons, etc...

Sounds like a good life ;)

> As for the new server - does anybody want to volunteer to redo the
> website and be the webmaster?  I can set up a Xen session for that.  My
> only requirement is that the new website should run on Kaffe.  :-)

I've been toying with the idea of mavenizing the kaffe website, but I
don't have anything conrete yet. Volunteers are welcome ;)

> As for the next release - I'm delegating that to Dalibor.  (I'm just too
> short on time lately)

OK. I think I should get the remaining patches on the list in, and roll
a release by the weekend, unless something major happens. Make distcheck
is fixed again, most of debian arches should build fine, tomcat4 works
out of the box on x86, I was able to run gjdoc on all of kaffe and
generate the javadocs, too. So it doesn't look bad at all.

My list of pending patches includes:
mips cmpxchg from ths (debian-mips)
new man page from Wolfgang Baer
alpha warning fixes from kloeri
mips floating point fix from this list
cygwin fixes from Gerrit Haase
freebsd4 fix from djinn (need to try out getting the types right via
configure)
Pending patches form Ito on Classpath list.

Is there anything I've missed?

I think we should just release a 1.1.5 now, rather than try to make it
perfect on all platforms. That didn't work so well over tha last year,
so let's try something different: quick point releases. Early, often and
all that.