[kaffe] Does Kaffe's JIT support ARM?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 02:30:51 PDT 2005

Hello Jari,

> your problems looks the same that I observed on XScale IXP:
>
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-August/103210.html
>
> I have tried many gc and thread configurations but have not been able to
> find a working combination so I'm still using Kaffe cvs version from
> 2004-11-11, which seems to work best. I hope you have more time for
> debugging than I do!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experients here, I also started with the
interpreter and kaffe-gc only to eliminate as many problems before
they even occur ;-)
It depends wether I can get gdb runnig inside scratchbox, however if
the problem is even processor-specific (have you been able to run
kaffe on other ARM based processors?) I doubt I can succeed since I
even don't know howto debug it :-(
Does 2004-11-11 also work with JIT?

I know some german company is redistributing kaffe on arm machines, so
I'll ask wether they can give me some tipps.

For now I succeeded compiling and running JamVM (a very minimalistic,
interpreter only vm) on my 770, however there are still troubles with
the gtk peers - however Kaffe sure would be a longer term goal since
its far more powerful.

so far, lg Clemens