[kaffe] Getting kaffe to use nano-X AWT

willem.acke at alcatel.be willem.acke at alcatel.be
Fri Sep 30 06:13:35 PDT 2005

All,

I'm a bit struggling getting to run nano-X AWT.
I (cross)compile using the following switches (amongst others):
--without-kaffe-x-awt \
--with-kaffe-nanox-awt --with-nanox-include (..) --with-nanox-library
(...) \
--without-classpath-gtk-awt \

When I run with
# kaffe-bin -Xkaffe-nanox-awt -Xbootclasspath:/tmp/nfs/jre/lib/rt.jar
FirstAWT

I get:
java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit (Toolkit.java:535)
  (...)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not find library 'gtkpeer'
  (...)

Apparently, the build is OK, since a kaffe-bin -version shows me the
--Xkaffe-nanox-awt switch, but when I use this, kaffe is still looking
for gtk.
Any suggestion is very welcome !

Thanks,

Wim