[kaffe] kaffe awt and thread management on MIPS

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 08:15:48 PDT 2005

Hi,

I compiled my kaffe on mips with the following

./configure --with-jikes=no --with-engine=intrp --enable-pure-java-math
--without-esd --without-kaffe-x-awt --with-kaffe-nanox-awt
--with-rt-jar=/home/AMDgiammy/kaffe-1.1.5/libraries/javalib/rt.jar
--without-classpath-gtk-awt --enable-debug
--with-nanox-include=/usr/include/microwin
--with-nanox-library=/usr/lib --with-threads=unix-jthreads

perhaps the problem on threads in the MIPS porting
can be solved with ad appropriate configuration of
./configure or CFLAGS or so: I found in the web, for
example

setenv CFLAGS "-G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4300 -mips2"

but such a configuration fails in the configuration, while finding
the size of a void *.

Is there someone who compiled a more recent version of kaffe
(I'm working on 1.1.5), and have a working configuration?
(I doubt to be able to find a bug on the config/mips/* side :-)

thanks
giammy

--
Gianluca Moro             Visit  http://ilpinguino.altervista.org/