[kaffe] Re: kaffe 1.1.8

Riccardo riccardo at kaffe.org
Sun Aug 5 23:37:09 PDT 2007

Hi Kiyo,

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:05:39 +0200, Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp>
wrote:

> performance may decrease, but I believe it is much better to
> have (slow but) workable version than non workable version ;-)
correct indeed!
This is great news and thanks for the effort.

> Especially, any active improvement for awt/xawt portion?
No, unfortunately no. The ball was left at Guilhem but he is extremely
busy probably, I wrote him recently but hd no reply yet. He was working on
the event problem in our AWT.

Salut,
   Riccardo

> R] "fix it at best" of classpath so that swing/gtk peer runs

this is still open, at least a couple of days ago when I tried...

> R] a check that interprerter and jits are compiling and working on most
>  of "our" platforms
>    *** We have to update 'Platform Matrix' of relnotes. ***

NetBSD/x86 and Linux/x86 are reasonable, I'll receck thoug after the
changes by guilhem.

For some other platforms I am waiting for dalibro to remove or improve the
"GIF" check so I can build xawt without having gif installed, which was
previously possible except on some unfortunate condition which I don't
remember and which may need to be handled more smartly.

> D] Merge in tbfg's m68k patch. Kiyo, could you take a look at it?
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2007-June/104949.html
>    -> 2007-June/104961.html
>    Partially committed, the rest should be merged after the 1.1.8
>    release. (To make coexistence with m68k, install uClinux for me)

Unfortunately my NetBSD x86 box is in bad state since months, but I may
try on linux... it will take some time though!

Riccardo