[kaffe] avr32 port?

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Wed May 7 02:46:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm thinking about trying to implement support for hardware java
acceleration on AVR32 CPUs under Linux. This requires kernel
modifications, which I'm mostly interested in, and a jvm modifications in
user-space.

But to modify a jvm on a platform, you first have to port it to it:-( And
it looks like there's currently no jvm port to avr32. And I've virtually
no idea about java (well, ok, I did play with it about... 10 years ago, I
think). But I'll gladly learn a bit of it.

So, would anyone be interested in collaboration? There's a pretty cheap
avr32 development board ATNGW100 for under US$100, I'd buy one. I could
make an ssh login to it available, or we could think about getting several
such boards.

Any interest anyone?

Thanks
Guennadi